[lbo-talk] 3,000 Lights for 3,000 US Military Deaths

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:14:02 PST 2006

On 12/31/06, Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder how many of the
> > 262 events can get 3,000 activists out to hold 3,000 candles.
> > --
> > Yoshie
>
> http://www.afsc.org/3000/event_details.php?ID=257
> Harlem, NY
>
> 125 Street and Lenox Avenue
> NW Corner (map to this location)
> Organizer's Name: Judith LeBlanc
> Registered Attendees: 3
>
> More Details:
>
> 6 - 7 PM
> Please bring a candle.
>
> A leader of UfPJ and the CPUSA can only get three folks?

"Critical solidarity" has perhaps devolved to 99.99% criticism of foreign governments and movements and 0.01% solidarity with foreigners. :->

When we had a little discussion about our shares of political responsibility for what's happening in Iraq, the only LBO-talk member who stood up to claim responsibility was Ravi, an Indian man, the rest insisting that their "hands are clean." Just as many multinationals have outsourced jobs to India, China, etc., maybe US leftists have to outsource political responsibility to foreigners: hire foreigners to hold candles for dead US soldiers! :-| -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>