[lbo-talk] OK, Nathan

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Feb 1 14:18:11 PST 2006

>The majority (65 percent) of the American people want single-payer
>health care and are willing to pay more taxes to get it.

-I was going to say that all you had to do was insert the words -"government-run" in place of "single-payer" and support would drop by -20 points. But I decided to look at an actual poll instead, and by -god, my estimate was too low. -Those aren't awful numbers, and you could certainly work with them. -But don't get carried away with the inchoate populism/social -democracy of the American people.

^^^^

CB; What are the polls on "socialized medicine" like ? That terminology was banished so long ago, the current masses might not have been very brainwashed on it. We can use this historical amnesia of the People to our advantage in some ways.