[lbo-talk] Thanks to the Frey program, I'm going to rich famous and beloved (was, More Dolan on Frey)

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:18:58 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, info at pulpculture.org <info at pulpculture.org> wrote:

> I also saw a lot of overlap with these reviews of great books:
> http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/01/15/worst-book/

There are some maybe intentionally funny ones in there:

The Lord of the Rings (1954)

Author: J.R.R. Tolkien

"The book is not readable because of the overuse of adverbs."

> e.g., Lord of the Flies, William Golding
>
> "I am obsessed with Survivor, so I thought it would be fun. WRONG!!! It is
> incredibly boring and disgusting. I was very much disturbed when I found
> young children killing each other. I think that anyone with a conscience
> would agree with me."

Yes, this is the inverse case to Frey and others: the book is bad because its message is a bummer. It's bad because it considers bad, unflattering things.

-- Andy