[lbo-talk] Media Concentration database--where's it at?

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 2 17:04:23 PST 2006

> John Adams asked:
>
> "Which brings us back to my question, which has as its
> purpose (one of its purposes, at least) to put
> questions about the media to quantitative analysis as
> regards ownership patterns and so on. I probably
> wasn't totally clear about my request: I'm not looking
> for someone else's analysis of media ownership, but a
> simple database of who owns what in order to do my own analysis."

Wikipedia has lots of useful information.

Infoshop is developing our own database on corporations and capitalism.

http://www.infoshop.org/octo/matrix/index.php/Main_Page

This runs on a wiki and is based on ideas that were floating around in the anti-capitalist movement ten years ago.

We need more volunteers!

Off to dig up more dirt on the Koch family.

Chuck