[lbo-talk] Oscars and Queers Who Die

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:29:07 PST 2006

On 2/2/06, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:In the days of the Hays Office any woman who had 'illicit' sex had to die (or at least become very very miserable).

Years after the Hays Office. Looking for Mr. Goodbar w/ Diane Keaton and Richard Gere.

Holding off on commenting on Brokeback Mountain, which I finally saw yesterday, and the thread, till I reflect more on the film which was a ten hankie one for me and a lot of the audience in the boho hipeoisie multiplex.

"Would you like tofu tempeh chai w/ that sir?"

-- Michael Pugliese, heading off to Boulder to bait the upper class hippies w/ my, "Support your right to arm bears, " t-shirt. Or maybe this t-shirt, http://www.cafepress.com/buy/stalin/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_9313512/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t "Kulak Deportations 75th Anniversary. Dizzy With Success!"