[lbo-talk] Muslim Solidarity (or Lack Thereof): Danish Cartoons vs. Iranian Nuclear Research

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:04:23 PST 2006

I wrote:
>> somewhere I read that an important reason for the ire against
Denmark was because D supported the US invasion of Iraq.<<

On 2/3/06, KJ <kjinkhoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that was such an important reason to start with, but
> it's likely to come into play now, at least at the popular level.

what I heard [on U.S. National Public Radio, I believe] was that the Islamic world's reaction against France's (silly, stupid, self-defeating, etc.) ban on head-scarves was limited because F opposed the war on Iraq. This is in contrast to the reaction to the cartoons in Denmark. -- Jim Devine "The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin