[lbo-talk] Repression always.... [was: Depression always precedes ice breaking]

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:54:17 PST 2006

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> The bastards also learned a lesson or two - they no longer rely on the
> population at large to carry "the devil's own fire," they hire professional
> mercenaries for that. So the glaring differences may indeed emerge, but
> this time around the folk have no longer "the devil's fire" at their
> fingertips - their 2nd amendment guns are merely sticks and stones vis a vis
> the combined fire power and organization of the US Army, the Marines, and
> the USAF.

That's right, they've got the guns, *big* guns, and even now the crosshairs are aimed at... suburbia!

Check out these thugs in Livermore California: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2006/02/03/MNGR9H2AM71.DTL&o=1

POTENT FIREPOWER FOR WEAPONS LAB Modern Gatling guns to defend against land, air terrorist attack

Keay Davidson, Chronicle Science Writer

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/02/03/MNGR9H2AM71.DTL

Friday, February 3, 2006

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory plans to install high-powered machine guns over the next few months capable of hitting land vehicles or aircraft almost a mile away in the event of a terrorist attack.

Known as Gatling guns because they are multi-barreled, like their 19th-century ancestors, they simultaneously fire 7.62mm bullets from six barrels at up to 4,000 rounds per minute, powerful enough to take down an enemy aircraft or helicopter, officials said. [...]

"Gotta get a gun, that's what I was thinking. I guess I could afford one, if I did just a little less drinking..." --Fred Eaglesmith

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/