[lbo-talk] poltergeist

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 4 16:22:05 PST 2006

> "It doesn't take a Marxist to see Poltergeist and notice that the
> film attributes the cause of ghostly disturbance to the
> desecration of Indian burial grounds..."
>
> have been called a marxist, but i think it was a regular cemetary,
> which was either relocated or reburied, for a new development...and
> not an indian burial ground...
>
> fs

My sentence didn't express what I meant. I meant that the film attributes the cause of ghostly disturbance to the desecration of cemeteries and analogizes it to the American history of dispossession of Indian lands (which is alluded to in the denial of the developer). The name of the family who suffer from poltergeist also alludes to it: the Freelings.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>