[lbo-talk] Re: freedom, double standards, etc.

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sun Feb 5 10:16:38 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>

-Raoul Hillberg, the dean of (honest) holocaust -studies, says that based on his reserach the Nazis -killed "only" five million (not six million) Jews -- -woukd youi boot him from the list if her were to -participate?

-I'm, a fairly rabid First Amendment fundamentalist.

So am I.

So I'm glad Doug exercised his first amendment right to kick a Holocaust denier off his list.

I'm against government censorship, but I'm all for private editing and shunning of evil doctrines and politics. It's a form of anti-free speech to say that any editorial function should be banned. Folks have the First Amendment right to choose to read magazines or email lists not filled with hate speech.

-- Nathan Newman