[lbo-talk] Stillers

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Feb 6 06:44:50 PST 2006

John Lacny : As you can imagine, Pittsburgh is a festive place at the moment. Brookline Boulevard -- the main thoroughfare in my neighborhood, which is a stronghold of working-class whites -- is an extremely entertaining and potentially dangerous scene, because the weather has turned bad just as hordes of wildly inebriated people are thronging into the streets, and unlike other neighborhoods which were a priority for crowd control (police showed up on horses and/or in full riot gear in Oakland and the South Side), I didn't see a cop for blocks on my way home.

What are people's views on the ethics of encouraging riots to no sociopolitical purpose? Answer quickly, because I'm about to go join the masses.

^^^^ CB: I decided to walk through the crowd just before the game as they were lining up to go into the stadium. They were all nice and orderly at that time. :>) Mostly Pittsburgh fans ,of course, as they had a shorter distance to come here.

I walked the line , since these are the people we gotta reach for the rev in the U.S. I don't think they were mostly burghers, mostly working class, though middle income. Mostly white. Men and women. I bet there are a lot more women fans now than 40 years ago. I wonder.