[lbo-talk] Re: "Freedom" of fascist speech is an absurdity

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 11:34:45 PST 2006

Max Sawicky wrote:

....there's a diary on Kos[...]on how the entire cartoon thing was orchestrated by the Saudi gov in the wake of the latest Hajj disaster...

<http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/2/5/13149/60748>

Michael Pollak:

There is also fairly detailed attempt to refute this idea by Juan Cole here:

<http://www.juancole.com/2006/02/fact-file-on-reaction-to-danish.html>

I'm not an expert, but I'm inclined to take Prof. Cole's detailed analysis more seriously than the Kos post which carries the unmistakable scent of standard issue blog sleuthing (in which a little bit of information, mashed together with what appears to be evidence - for example, the jpeg of the young man waving the green flag - are shaken but not stirred to create a self evident confection as light and nutritionally empty as a well made souffle).

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/blog/

Chuck Norris doesn't actually write books, the words assemble themselves out of fear.