[lbo-talk] How Maxim magazinvite sinvites women to parties

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 17:24:09 PST 2006

Personally don't care much for football (though oddly I did watch part of the game), but when reading a "Winners and Losers "puff piece about the Superbowl, I came across this. Ha!

-B.

---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-winnerslosers020506&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

[...]

Usually getting into the Maxim Magazine party is a tougher ticket than the Super Bowl (no joke). If you don't know someone to get on the list, you can't get in. Ever. But this year, the magazine partially outsourced its invitation list and mayhem (or honesty, depending on your point of view) broke out.

The promoters sent out emails looking for women to attend as long as they sent in suitably hot pictures of themselves. According to the Detroit Free Press, the email claimed, "Please do not attempt to bring any male accompaniment, they will not be admitted under any circumstance." Who could argue with this?

Then there was the FAQ section of the email:

"Q: What should I wear?