[lbo-talk] Silence on anti-fascism will not keep reds out of jail.

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Feb 7 05:15:13 PST 2006

Funny how this argument repeats the argument of rabid anticommunists, who want to censor and/or jail reds like Charles for similar reasons.

Doug

^^^^ CB: Certainly, they want to kill "me" because I am Black ,too. Scratch an anti-communist and find a racehater. Maybe that's why I am more militant in my anti-fascism.

But I'd say the error is your implication that if one doesn't make this argument, the rabid anticommunists won't make the argument. Rabid anti-communists will make this argument regardless of what I do - whether I speak or am silent. Therefore, I might as well make the argument, because my refraining from making the argument will do nothing to stop the racist, rabid anti-communists from making anti-communist slanders.

Silence on anti-fascism will not keep reds out of jail.