[lbo-talk] Cardinal Egan...gay?!?!?!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 09:25:58 PST 2006

In grad school, I had an acquaintance (Catholic himself) who was doing a PhD in the history of American Catholicism. According to him, before the GI Bill, many Italian and Irish immigrants joined the priesthood as a means to get an education and climb out of poverty. Since there are alternatives today, Catholic men who want to get married and have a family just won't do it. Leaving it to homosexuals (who can't get married anyway).