[lbo-talk] Short-Term Tactics at Odds with Medium-Term Needs

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 11 13:01:32 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Okay, so where are those tens of millions of dollars going to come from?

Organized labor gave what, something like $40 million to Dems in 2004? They keep contributing despite getting kicked in the head over & over - and losing election after election. Last I looked, the UAW had $1 billion in cash on hand - allegedly for a strike fund, but if they strike any time in the next four years, I'll eat my hat.

Doug