[lbo-talk] images of Mohammed throughout history

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:25:26 PST 2006

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Images of Mohammed throughout history:
>http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

Now wouldn't you think that it would occur to the authors of that website that the very fact that there is no Islamic prohibition on depictions of Muhammad (many Muslim commentators have already pointed out that this is a Zombie Error) highlights the possibility that the issue might be something else? I mean, when they're not busy assuming that free speech etc is a distinctively 'Western' thing, they might try considering the possibility that this isn't just irrational dark-skinned Mussies throwing a hissy fit, and that in fact the issue is racism. Several British Muslim spokespersons, interviewed for the news and so on, have repeatedly made this point. It was made very forcefully at the 'Unity Rally' in Trafalgar Square yesterday, sponsored by the Muslim Council of Britain.

(Report and pics here: http://leninology.blogspot.com/2006/02/unity-protest.html)

I tend to think that those who don't notice racism when it is staring them in the face, as it were, are probably racists in denial themselves.

_________________________________________________________________ Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters