[lbo-talk] Illinois as model for Democratic agenda

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 19:15:59 PST 2006

I'm just suggesting that we shouldn't idealize this swarm of slimy crooks we call Illinois politicians, some of whom, Republican and Democrat, do good things now and then despite themselves. Ryan, who will shortly be behind bars, communnured scores of death sentences, and imposed a moratorium on executions.

You suggested that Illinois shgould be a model for national Democratic politics. I say: Only if we adopr the slogan that Mike Royko suggested in dog Latin as Chicago's moto, Ubi meam? Where's mine?

Doesn't it matter to you that ll Illinois politicians (except, apparently, Barak Obama and maybe Congressmen Danny Davis) belong behind bars? And that thanks to the Fitz, lots them are headed that way, maybe Da Mare Hisself too?