[lbo-talk] Che film in the works, right enraged

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 13 19:16:02 PST 2006

Doug posted:

> CHE-FING OVER DEL TORO FLICK
>
> CONSERVATIVE film buffs are disgusted that director Steven
> Soderbergh has Benicio del Toro playing Communist revolutionary
> Ernesto "Che" Guevara as a hero in a movie shooting all over New York.
>
> They fear that the untitled flick, co-starring Benjamin Bratt and
> Ryan Gosling, will glorify the rabble-rouser whose face graces
> millions of T-shirts sold to young people unaware of his history.

I have nothing against Benicio del Toro, who is charming in his own way and a good actor to boot, but how can a film that has del Toro play Che Guevara glorify Che, when Che was, like, million times cuter than del Toro?

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>