[lbo-talk] Munich

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 09:12:06 PST 2006

The movie is purportedly about WWII -- but I found the subtext to be much more troublesome and contemporary. I watched about 3/4 of the movie and then felt too disgusted/angry to watch the rest. What I took the "moral" to be was:

1. World War II was a war fought over and against the Jews. There were no other victims. 2. It is worth while to save the lives of educated people before you bother with the working class. 3. You basically have two choices: to work for good capitalists or to work for psycopathic capitalists. 4. You're lucky to have a job.

I also found the movie to be pretentious and puerile at the same time.

Joanna