[lbo-talk] Feminism abandoning an agenda

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 15 07:19:31 PST 2006

Joanna:

<<<I could not quite make sense of academic feminism...and abandoned it many years ago. But could you please say more? How exactly did they belittle the agenda of equal rights, child care, equal pay, etc.>>>

I guess what she meant was that ID politics and counterculturalist "shock-cunts" peddling their intellectual commodity replaced the more mundane and "mainstream" femininsts concerns, equal pay, child care etc. Not exactly scathing criticism of femininism -since the entire pop-kulcha seems to be drifting in that direction. A more intersting question is not whether femninism is drifiting in that direction - since everyone else does - but whether it is drifiting faster, at about the same pace, or slower (which may indicate resistance).

Wojtek