[lbo-talk] "Hitler 'a Babe in Arms' Compared to Bush" - Hugo Chavez

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 15 09:03:57 PST 2006

Doug Henwood:

-------------------------------------- Your last point is the important one. We'll know fascism has arrived when chat groups such as this are closed down and prohibited, and you wouldn't want to post to one anyway or make your views otherwise publicly known because of the consequences for your work and personal life. McCarthyism created a political climate conducive to fascism, but liberals and radicals still had the institutional means for the bravest among them to express themselves, despite the ideological assault which cowed many others.