[lbo-talk] leeeeeeeeeeebrulz

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Wed Feb 15 17:14:57 PST 2006

Just shilling for a nifty guy from my old stomping grounds, Kevin Elliot. He's hosting the Carnival of Liberals.

http://www.slanttruth.kaelliott.com/2006/02/carnival_of_the_2.html

I had fun with the entry, Flicked Off, which was a response to Daily Kos's dismissive views on the paucity of women bloggers included in the blogging golden circle. He said he doesn't give it much thought, seems to think rising to the top was all about talent, the only thing this is for is "winning elections," and democracy is about getting rich. I shit you not.

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2006/02/12/flicked-off/

One interesting thing Kevin asked about was this: "I decided to handle this edition of the CotL a tad different from previous versions by asking for posts on specific topics. [ ] I received quite a few submissions that addressed the topics I suggested–except for Homophobia in the African American Community! What's up with that? Did it vanish and nobody told me?

TJ (at Dark Daughta http://darkdaughta.blogspot.com ) and I had an interesting offblog exchange about a similar dynamic with regard to sex positive feminist thought and black women. Unfortunately the convo was cut short due to my lack of *sigh* time.

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org