[lbo-talk] What is you know what ?

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Thu Feb 16 10:00:21 PST 2006

Hi,

As of a minute ago the Wikipedia entries on these topics are quite good:

Fascism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism Nazism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism Neo Fascism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Fascism Fascism and Ideology, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_and_ideology Neo-Fascism and Religion, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neofascism_and_religion Corporatism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism Clerical Fascism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_Fascism Dominionism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism Neo-Nazism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism

May I just add that the rhetorical use of the word fascism to describe the Bush administration actually enhaces the chances of fascism coming to America wrapped in an American flag.

-Chip

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Doug Henwood Sent: Thu 2/16/2006 12:45 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] What is you know what ?

Charles Brown wrote:

>What is fascism ? Will saying the word provoke its coming about ? Is using
>the term "crying wolf ?" Wild eyed radicalism ? Maoism ? ultra-Revolutionary
>irresponsibilism ? Foolish ? Stupid ? Naïve ? Childish ? Unscholarly ?

Charles, you expand the use of the word "fascism" so far across time & space that it loses all its meaning.

Doug