[lbo-talk] Larry Summers on the academic hiearchy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 17 07:54:00 PST 2006

[Someone just posted this quote from Harvard president and uber-smart-boy economist Larry Summers to the feminist econ list. It's from a Feb 16 article in the Boston Globe.]

"'President Summers asked me, didn't I agree that, in general, economists are smarter than political scientists, and political scientists are smarter than sociologists?' [former Dean] Ellison said. 'To which I laughed nervously and didn't reply.'"