[lbo-talk] animal farm

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:48:56 PST 2006

Political scientists, I am told, often deplore the fact that in the US, the job of being head of government is unified with that of head of state, unlike in (say) England, where the prime minister's job is quite different from that of the Queen, or France and many other countries where the premier is different from the president.

Though I've giggled about the "Cheney/Rove administration," I've missed the fact that to an extent never seen before in US history (as far as I know), we now have this desired split. Cheney is the HOG, while Bush is the HOSs. -- Jim Devine / Bust Big Brother Bush! "There are no whole truths; all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." -- Alfred North Whitehead