[lbo-talk] The Last Generation?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 17 12:12:49 PST 2006

Leigh wrote:

>59? Just 59?
>
>Small potatos in these halcyon days of laser targetted demolition of
>whole city infrastructures and neighborhoods that kill thousands at a time.

I don't know Leigh. I think you could read this kind of rhetoric as a complement to the hyperbole that the right uses to such great effect in this country. The way they play on people's fear of crime is a good example. But I think the problem I have with what you're saying here, as well as with calling the U.S. government fascist, is that there seems to be an inverse relationship between using this kind of talk and being taken seriously. If I thought it would work for us, I might feel differently.