[lbo-talk] Fw: L.A. County Labor Chief May Quit in Funds Probe

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Feb 17 13:22:39 PST 2006

Dennis Claxton wrote:
>Investigators suspect that Local 99 leaders illegally spent at least
>$53,000 in union funds to hire political operatives as phantom
>employees and to pay for cellphones, computers and phone banks
>benefiting Ludlow's campaign, according to the sources.

-Just an anomaly, and besides, it was in LA, so that doesn't count.

Doug-- Come on; if you are going to throw in every union political campaign violation into the same pile of "corruption", then you can keep the defamation going to the end of time. So you really think Ron Carey was "corrupt" in the exact same way you've been going off on for the last few days? Again, I'm not saying there shouldn't be rules, but when you throw patronage and campaign tactics into the same category as leaders deliberately selling out members to the boss, then I just can't take your arguments seriously.

-- Nathan