[lbo-talk] What is you know what ?

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Feb 17 16:26:03 PST 2006

At 11:00 AM -0800 17/2/06, Dennis Claxton wrote:

>>You seem to be somehow overlooking the fact that you have Guantanamo.
>

>Point taken. I thought of that after I sent that post. But I'm not
>sure this necessarily follows:
>
>>Its like a citizen of Nazi Germany protesting that "what we have is a
>>very bad system, but it is not Auchwitz."
>

> I am not a citizen of a fascist state and that's what this
>discussion is about.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgement of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist." -Winston Churchill

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas