[lbo-talk] not everything is getting worse...

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:02:17 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
>> Doug:
>>
>>> [a counter-example for those who think we're on the road to fascism]
>>

>> BTW, who decides what's fascism?
>
> Umberto Eco? Chip Berlet?

The individual... Me, every it rears it's ugly little head. per Carol's admonishment:
> If "fascism" (or some closely analogous movement) contests for power in
> the u.s., I suspect it won't be anti-gay. In fact, I suspect a _real_
> u.s. fascist movement wouldn't even be overtly racist or sexist. There's
> just not going to be any close imitation of the inter-war phenomenon
> known as fascism, though that is no consolation because there are many
> other ways that civil and political rights can be crushed.
>
> Carrol
...but SOME PEOPLE seem to get shouted down every time they bring it up an incident, like it never adds up to some individual's definition, therefore it can't be true in it's sum total.

It's adorable.

Like the Vegan with the candy bar 'jones' who plugged his ears and repeated "I can't hear you!" over and over aain when I tried to explain how white sugar becomes 'white'. (activated charcoal from what is mostly charred beef bones). I kept saying it... until he ran away. Buh Buy!

(ignorant little food freak)

Yes, adorable... and when the 'left' finally grows up, learns to use language like the proles they claim to represent but typically (and often humorously) just mimmick, there will already\be a fascist regime in power, but not by the OLD (tired) definition that was adhered to for just (perhaps) a year... a week... too long.

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/