[lbo-talk] Lee's Garage

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:14:47 PST 2006

Michael Hoover wrote:
>there was this 19th century bearded cat who wrote that middle and
>intermediate strata obliterate lines of demarcation everywhere,
>unfortunately, the manuscript was unfinished...
>and dig this, the same dude pointed to what looks suspiciously like
>'managerial revolution', that separation of ownership and management
>thing, heavy stuff man, really heavy...

Too complicated. Repeat after me, there are just two classes, bourgeois and proletarian. Too much thinking makes me ill, think I'll have another gin. Doug <<<<<>>>>>

of course, the big, er, bearded guy also suggests that those who stand between the workers and the capitalists/landlords are burden weighing heavily on former and serve to increase power and security of latter, in fact, his dudeness calls this 'middle stratum' *functionaries*...

while dj khm1 distinguishes variety of classes and class factions, and he makes note of various agents of production, he consistently calls attention - above all - to relations of production between capital and labor... mh