[lbo-talk] Forbes: The Economics of Prostitution

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Tue Feb 21 19:34:17 PST 2006

Michael Hoover quoted Edlund and Korn:

> Another zinger: "This begs the question of why married

> men go to prostitutes (rather than buying from their

> wives, who presumably will be low-cost providers,

> considering that they can sell nonreproductive sex

> without compromising their marriage)."

Are these guys Martians? In the interest of science, I would like to see a statistically significant sample of American married men to walk up to their wives and _offer them cash in exchange for on-demand sexual intercourse,_ and then record what happens. I sure wouldn't want to be one of those guys though; neither would I care to deliberately insult my wife nor would I care to fend off her reaction.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net