[lbo-talk] Juan Cole on blowing up the Mahdi's shrine

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 12:44:18 PST 2006

This seems to be consistent with the strategic goal of Zarqawi organization which, at least according to Napoleoni's book Insurgent Iraq, has been to provoke a civil war between Iraqi Shia and Sunni. I wonder how the other elements of the resistance are reacting - evidently large numbers of Sunni mosques were torched in retaliation. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com>