[lbo-talk] Socialim [was: Cheery thought for the next 300 years

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 13:41:40 PST 2006

At least 10 year ago, the books in the library at the University of Heidelberg were organized not by subject, not by author, but -- by the year they were brought to the library. I understand the Vatican Library has no organizational system at all, at least for books before the modern era. (That must be one amazing library -- I wonder what they have there. Don't you need to be a priest to get in?)

--- Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote: Classification schemes such as the Dewey and LC systems are plagued by some serious problems. The Dewey Decimal System is the worst offender, because it was developed long ago and is used by many public library systems.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!