[lbo-talk] AP: Destruction of mosque pushes Iraq towards all-out civil war

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:59:26 PST 2006

The Sunday Times February 19, 2006

Bush and Blair have brilliantly done Bin Laden's work for him Simon Jenkins

"Even America’s most robust champions plead that this is all grotesquely counter-productive. What is frightening is not the evil of much American foreign policy at present but its stupidity;..."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2088-2047134,00.html

Doug wrote:

> Oh please. That's the crudest sort of vulgar Marxism, and you're not
> even a Marxist. Having Iraq go up in flames could drive oil to $200
> and send us into a depression. Our rulers can be nutty &
> short-sighted, but not that nutty & short-sighted.
"Our rulers can be nutty & short-sighted, but not that nutty & short-sighted."

Ok... keep telling yourself that. ...and what oil company exec would have a problem with $200/bbl oil? The've already stated in hearings that the market sets the price, and if anyone thinks otherwise... well, they can go on thinking it.

Consumers would 'buck' [heh!], but that's be a mess for the next administration to resolve... if they can.

I'll gladly admit to being 'vulgar' as in K.I.S.S.... but the marxist thing... 'ist' means that you are 'like' something, or you ascribe to it... I'd rather 'be' something, than 'be like' something. Does one have to ascribe to it all (like fundamentalist religious beliefs) to be considered part of 'marxism' or is the destruction of individual identity and belief required? Please inform? After all, I highly admire Groucho & John.

In case you haven't noticed, we have our own variety of fundamentalist nutcases in charge. I think the current bunch of killers-in-positions-of-power, taken collectively (and some, individually) ARE that looney, they'll be taken up in the rapture, they don't care about you or I, or the world around them any more than absolutely neccesary, and they only minimally care about friends and family et al. Everything they want and need is within their grasp, within their lifetimes. There are no other interests, much in the way that corporates are truly only interested in the next few quarters.

(Their children know... that's why they despise them. (Can you say Jenna Bush doing a table dance? Prince Harry dressing up in full nazi regalia? It's called "acting out".)

> Why does every bad thing in the world have to be authored by the US or
> Israel? That's white-man's-burden thinking with the signs reversed.

...And no, I don't think you'll find a mil-ind complex board officer that would visualize themself as "peddling" 'war without end' soley for profit, but they're not exactly screaming for a halt to all this either. Has any military supplier EVER called for the end of ANY conflict?

BTW, adbusters, It's a very interesting article on the dual loyalty issue. Reading Eric Alterman's The Nation comments in the article about how:

"My own dual loyalties - There I admitted it - were drilled into me by my parents, my grandparents, my Hebrew school teachers, and my rabbis, not to mention Israeli teen-tour leaders, and AIPAC college representatives. It was just about the only thing they all agreed upon."

...caused me to see a small part of the pressures I was feeling during my childhood. Fortunately, I bailed out early.

Quite early, but it still wasn't early enough *not* to remember people of that description instilling it a a minimal level.

The neocons are like the "skull and bones" society for jews and to analyze their motives would most likely require a degree in abnormal psych, or a re-reading of Portnoy's Complaint. Just the way you'd need to study up on rich frat boys from powerful families to get any kind of a grip on what 'skull & bones' could possibly be about.

Dual loyalty might be a good place to start on a fuller understanding of neocon motivations.

Leigh www.leighm.net http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/