[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 23 15:03:16 PST 2006

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>As soon as it is set up as a mega-corp vs a local mom-and-pop shop, most
>US-sers stop thinking rationally and emotions start flying high, as the
>small business capitalism is the dearest thing to the US heart.

Except that that doesn't apply to me at all. I don't really get misty-eyed about all the mom & pops that Wal-Mart destroys. I care what they do to workers and the environment, but I'm not sentimental about petty capitalists. What I hate is flattening houses and neighborhoods to make way for big boxes. It's, you know, wrong, even if it's only Nathan's "rightwing" that agrees.

Doug