[lbo-talk] eminent domain

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 24 05:52:39 PST 2006

Andy F writes:

> Could somebody warning against the absolute right of
> private property vs. eminent domain kindly identify
> who on the list is advocating that, even implicitly?

Chuck Munson has explicitly stated in the past that "Progressives need to take a stand against any form of eminent domain":

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050620/013302.h tml

So much for "property is theft," I guess. But in any case, no matter what people on the list think, the issue is very much a part of the discussion going on in the real world, where the right has been on a warpath for decades against "regulatory takings" of all kinds. The petty-bourgeois right would probably like to get rid of eminent domain altogether.