[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 24 06:52:22 PST 2006

"Eminent domain" is simply legalese for expropriation with compensation. You don't have to explicitly attack the right of the public to expropriate private property for public ends - and no one, as you say, is doing that - but there is still a danger in strengthening conservative sentiment against that fundamental collective right through persistent campaigning against the nefarious way it is being twisted by local governments to serve private interests. That was the only point I was trying to make. I don't doubt the progressive intent behind the criticism being expressed on the list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy F" <andy274 at gmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 8:25 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] eminent domain