[lbo-talk] A Case for Working-Class Tax Cuts

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 24 11:50:17 PST 2006

Michael Pollak wrote:

>But weren't there several other notables who prominently came out
>against the Bush tax cuts and for progressive taxation, including
>Buffett, Gates & Rockefeller?
>
>http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2001/02/15_mpp.html

That was about the estate tax, no? The Gates was Billy Microsoft's father, the IP lawyer, and not the ubernerd himself. He's probably got a few dimes to rub together, but next to his son, he's a pauper. The Rockefeller fortune has been inherited so many times you gotta wonder what's left. And Buffett is kind of a prick. My late friend John Liscio reported in Barron's years ago that Buffett wouldn't lend his daughter $10,000 that she desperately needed when she was living in a trailer park.

Doug