[lbo-talk] Civil war in Iraq: the pause that refreshes

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:02:25 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Colin Brace wrote:
>
>> For the most radical-right neoconservative Jacobins amongst the
>> Bush-Cheney team, the possibility that Iraq might fall apart wasn't
>> even alarming: they just didn't care, and in their obsessive zeal to
>> overthrow Saddam Hussein they were more than willing to take the risk.
>
> Obviously, but these guys aren't in charge anymore, are they?

Repeating, from a previous post:

<...> The neocons are far from fucked, Wolfie's at the WB, and John Bolton is our representative at the UN (although not very effectual, see below). There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of people who have been insinuated in the US government that hold exactly the same beliefs, but you'll never see their names in print unless they do something atrociously stupid from the confines of their cubies. <...>