[lbo-talk] Kremlin seeks to boost power of aerospace and motor industries

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 08:28:25 PST 2006

--- Dennis Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> What Russia is doing is conceivably a model for
> Venezuela -- creating a
> petro-developmental state which funnels energy-rents
> into the domestic
> industrial base.
>
> -- DRR

I think Venezuela parallels (maybe in a very small way, I'm no expert on Venezuela, but it's my impression) the Russia of a few years ago when the oligarchy still controlled the economy. We'll see if Chavez is as successful in de-oligarching the economy as Putin has been. (It occurs to me that Chavez and and Putin may be the two most domestically popular leaders on the planet at present.)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!