[lbo-talk] Religious vs National struggles...

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 09:08:53 PST 2006

Ah, thanks for the correction/information.

I find it odd that the mutually intelligible Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are considered separate "languages," while Schwabian or Bavarian are just "dialects" of German, or that the language they speak in Jordan and the one in Algeria are both "Arabic," even if a Jordanian and Algerian can't understand each other without resorting to MSA.

http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Linguistics/armynavy.html,