[lbo-talk] Buckley throws in the towel on Iraq

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:52:49 PST 2006

>The end of the Soviet Union "deprived us of an enemy," says Irving
Kristol, the intellectual godfather of neoconservatism. "In politics, being deprived of an enemy is a very serious matter. You tend to get relaxed and dispirited. Turn inward." Notorious for his self-confidence, Kristol now confesses to a sad bewilderment in the post-communist world. "That's one of the reasons I really am not writing much these days," he says. "I don't know the answers."<

of course, one of the points of the neo-cons is to create a new enemy for the conservatives to oppose. This helped create a coalition to invade Iraq. Now that this effort has turned into toxic dust, what's a neo-con to do? -- Jim Devine / Bust Big Brother Bush! "To be positive: To be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -- Ambrose Bierce, Devil's Dictionary.