[lbo-talk] Religious vs National struggles...

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 11:21:37 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

>> In Image & Reality, Norman Finkelstein argues that Zionism was a
>> nationalist response to the reactionary European nationalisms of the
>> 19th cenutry that declared the Jews to be inorganic outsiders.

It's not just Finkelstein. If you actually read the history of Zionism, if you actually read Herzel -- I have -- it's pretty clearly the case. The Middle East Zionist dream, as it is clearly enunciated in documents and policies, was to have the Jews become the European overseers of the Arabs. If they could do it to Polish peasants, why not to Arab nomads?

First they courted the Ottoman Turks, then they courted the Brits, there was a brief, very brief flirtation with Czhekhoslovakia/USSR, which they then leveraged into intelligence capital that allowed them to forge cold-war ties with the U.S., and then after 67, it was the U.S. all the way. And, yes, political Zionism was a creation of the Ashkenazy jews. Israeli society is still roughly divided into the Ashkenazy overlords, the Sephardic welfare white trash, and the Arab negroes/Indians.

Joanna