[lbo-talk] Re: Liza & Doug have a kid

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 23:12:21 PST 2006

> Oh yes. Couldn't have been anywhere else. I was by far the most unskilled
> labor in the room, so mostly I watched - but it's inexpressibly glorious
> to watch a tiny human emerge from someone you love.
>
> Doug

Oh yeah man -- that is something else to see. By the time my son Henry was born, at 4:57 AM after a long night with no sleep, I was so groggy, but excited, that I thought the wife gave birth to a girl. I said, "Hello Charlotte" to which one of the nurses replied, "Poppy, take a closer look at your baby." I did and said, "Charlotte -- you have a penis!"

Like I said, long night.

Anyway, congrats Mom & Dad. You're gonna be really tired, but you won't care.

Dennis