[lbo-talk] Happy Bad Year!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:40:17 PST 2006

On Monday, January 02, 2006 4:40 PM [PDT], Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:

> So how will that affect your representative? Does it open the field
> up to getting a Republican elected?
> We've had some shifts down here too but my reps have been Democrats,
> still are.
> Marta

No immediate effect.... Next election will tell.

San Mateoans (?) are generally more conservative than the most conservative member of the electorate in Santa Cruz, and North county is residence to some of the older, hipper SC community members that got here in the 60s/70s and actually HAD a chance to buy a house for a reasonable amount of $$$ (Last Chance Road, et al).

Currently, I'm residing in Asheville NC, so I won't be able to get a finger on the pulse too well... The Santa Cruz Sentinel (The Senile) is available online, but it's better as birdcage liner than as news media.

Leigh www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml