[lbo-talk] Liza & Doug have a kid (Advice...don't bounce)

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:35:07 PST 2006

My best friend's wife stopped drinking milk and their Charlie's colic went away at once. I don't know if that's a generally applicable thing, but it worked for her. Charlie isn't lactose-intolerant now that he's a boy but apparently some metabolite of cow's milk upset his little tummy when he was a baby.

Also, I know a few friends who sleep with their babies. The stories of parents' crushing their babies as they sleep are basically legends that, unfortunately, mainly cover up infanticidal smotherings. Think of it this way: people have been sleeping with their babies for thousands of years with no large effect on the population. Even as tiny things, babies are loud (as Doug is no doubt finding out).

Congratulations Comrade!