[lbo-talk] Holy Land theme park

Ed Marshall edmarshall3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:16:21 PST 2006

On 1/4/06, Seth Kulick <skulick at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> They are really out of their minds. But I'm wodering about the leasing
> of land to the Christian groups. How does this tie in to restrictions on
> leasing land only for Jews?

There is no restriction, per se. Nearly everything within Green line Israel was confiscated under the 1950 absentee property law (that doesn't just include land, they took bank accounts, stocks, everything the Palestinians left behind). Eventually, in order to end a bunch of infighting between the Jewish National Fund and the Israeli government, one entity was forged to administer the land (over 90% of armistice line Israel), the Israel Land Administration.

There is no legal reason they couldn't lease this land to anyone they want to, as a matter of fact it's been taken to court by individual Israeli Arabs and they win. After that nothing happens though. The ruling is ignored and they do as they see fit. If the ILA sees it as in Jewish Israeli interests to build a honeypot for Jesus tourists they will do it. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060104/75e6a283/attachment.htm>