[lbo-talk] Dangerous Work Done Dirt Cheap

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:56:52 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
>
>> >If you don't want to take responsiblitity for the business/social
>> framework
>>> of modern day America, that's fine, but puuleease don't try to
>>> rationalize it away with an "economic model in a vacuum".
>>
>> So where does that guilt about consumption take you, then,
>> politically?
>
> Into hippie moralism, which is where we've seen Leigh lead us before.
> I was always skeptical of Marx's refusal to argue morally, preferring
> "science" instead, but watching Leigh in action, I'm seeing the Old
> Man's point a lot better.

The 'old man' didn't DO ANYTHING either. He was too busy thinkng and writing and letting his family live in abject poverty.

Mudslinging won't do, where did I say that anyone HAD TO DO anything. Unless you mean to say 'suggesting' is moralising? (which would be pretty moralistic)

Leigh www.leighm.net Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com Got RSS?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml