[lbo-talk] JT Leroy unmasked!

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 9 09:41:48 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [we are the proud owners of a penis bone distributed by JT Leroy]
>
> New York Times - January 9, 2005
>
> The Unmasking of JT Leroy: In Public, He's a She
> By WARREN ST. JOHN
>
> It has been one of the most bizarre literary mysteries in recent memory:
> Who, exactly, is the novelist JT Leroy? An answer, at long last, is
> taking shape.

Bravo to these people for playing the system and exposing it for its hypocrisy.

Heaven forbid that the New York Times and self-righteous Hollywood celebrities should be taken in for a scam!

If Courtney Love and others of her ilk were really honest about supporting troubled people, they'd do it quietly and not make sure the world knew about their actions.

I believe that Time magazine recently ran a cover depicting the poster children for this phenomenon.

Damn, where did I read yesterday that Bill Gates is laundering his fortune on philanthropy in an effort to establish a good name for himself in the history books?

Chuck