[lbo-talk] For Doug & Liza: Shake Asses, Not Babies

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 15:49:55 PST 2006

Wait a sec. Babies don't come with instruction manuals; I don't think it's so bad that some instructions are given. For example, I was very ignorant about the importance of headgear, and my first born probably spent a fair amount of time colder than he should have been. And maybe that was the reason for those ear infections....

I could no sooner imagine Doug or Liza shaking a baby than I could imagine them, ugh, hitting a baby. On the other hand, I remember once, with my second, getting so crazy with fatigue, that I was ready to pitch her through a window, which is the point where I started yelling for help...and someone from the household rescued her and gave me my ten minutes of necessary rest.

Babies can be very hard.

Joanna